The exhibition of the Jewish Community Museum is installed in the former women’s gallery of the synagogue. The synagogue was constructed in 1923-1926 in the Cubist style according to the plans of the architect Artur Szalatnai-Slatinský. The synagogue still serves as an active Jewish house of worship.
The Jewish Community Museum focuses on the history and culture of the Jewish community of Bratislava and its surrounding region. The museum’s permanent exhibition The Jews of Bratislava and their Heritage is installed on the upper floor of the synagogue, still used as an active house of Jewish worship. A special exhibition, Heritage Rediscovered, is dedicated to the 90th anniversary of the synagogue building.