The rococo Mirbach Palace was built in 1768-1770 by Bratislava brewer Michael Spech.
Its last private owner, Emil Mirbach, left the palace to the city with the wish that it be used to house the City Gallery.
This wish was granted and now the building houses a permanent exhibition of gothic paintings on glass, pictures of holland and flamish authors and pieces from italian artists dating back to the 17th and 18th century. Part of the palace holds temporary exhibitions. A tiled stove and two small rooms on the first floor with wood covered walls with historical coloured engravings were preserved from the original interior of the palace.