This sumptuous building, dating from 1911-1915, was built in eclectic style on the former site of a baroque granary from the 18th century.
Designed by Budapest architects D. Jakab and P. Komor. Lavish balls continue to be held in the Reduta building to the present day. Normally, the concert hall is the seat of the Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra and serves as the venue for the annual Bratislava Music Festival. However, the hall is currently undergoing extensive renovation which is due to last until 2011. In the meantime, the Slovak Philharmonic is performing at the nearby Slovak National Theatre.