Attempts to develop a zoological garden in Bratislava stretches far back, while the first official considerations and discussions are dated back to 1948.
The effort to build a zoo in Bratislava dates back long ago, the first official considerations and negotiations already emerging in 1948.
The Bratislava Zoo specializes in the breeding and recovery of threatened animal species, scientific research work, public education with the aim of creating and strengthening a sense of responsibility towards nature through discussions about animals, educational panels and labels for animals, events and programs on ecological teaching for schools, creating conditions for rest and recreation all day.
Area in ha (total/exhibition part): 96/35
Number of animals (kinds/specimens): 176/914
The most rare animals: Addax Nubian, European bison, white rhinocero, Turkmen Kulan, pygmy hippopotamus, yellow-cheeked gibbon, Sri Lankan leopard, cotton-top tamarin, gray mouse lemur, slow lorises, Przewalski’s horse and many more
* Carnivore pavilion for South African lions, tigers (white), jaguars and Ceylon leopards
* Primate pavilion for chimpanzee and Sumatran orangutan
* Terrarium and exotarium exhibiting meerkats, tropical monkeys, sloths, armadillos and two new freshwater aquariums: Malawi and Tanganyika
* Giraffe and kangaroo enclosures
* Rhinoceros and giraffe enclosures
* Antelope and pygmy hippopotamus enclosures
* Natural lakes with flamingos and pelicans
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/8/f/8fb0abe0-b5d4-4a8e-9d83-0727aa2b8a65/visitbratislava.com/web/wp-content/themes/visitbratislava/functions-inc/responsive-media.php on line 373