23.11.2018 5 PM
Download the program (PDF)
Opening of Christmas markets and lighting up a Christmas tree
- acrobatic group VERTIGO
- dance group CREDANCE – unconventional artistic-dance performance
- Bratislava Children’s Choir – conductor Mgr. art. Róbert Tišťan, PhD.
- 24.11. 17.00 Kuštárovci – folk music and folk dances
- 30.11. 18:00 Folk music Paprčkovci
- 06.12. 15:00 St. Nicolas
The arrival of St. Nicholas accompanied by an angel and devil. Competitions, creative activities, St. Nicolas will hand over some goodies.
- 07.12. 16:00 International Christmas and Advent Music Festival (Performances of ensembles)
- 08.12. 14:30 Christmas bridges between cities
Event under the patronage of OKŠ Bratislava
Cast: youth and children’s ensembles from Krakow, Poland
Children’s folklore ensemble Dolina from Bratislava
16:30 International Christmas and Advent Music Festival (Performances of ensembles)
- 09.12. 16:00 We came to wish you a Merry Christmas
Children’s folklore ensemble and folklore ensemble Dúbravček
- 14.12. 17:00 We wish you all the luck and health
Singing, dancing and carols by the folk ensemble Studienka
- 15.12. 18:00 Ruthenian Christmas
Folklore ensemble Ruthenia
- 16.12. 16:00 Christmas concert
Bratislava City Choir, conductor: Prof. Ladislav Holásek
- 17.12. 18:00 Viva Cantare
Performance of a Choir from South Africa, conductor: Xander Kritzinger
- 20.12. 18:00 Choir Apollo
Concert, conductor: Mgr. art. Milan Kolena
- 29.11. – 15.12. from 17:00 to 22:00
Courtyard of St. John of Nepomuk in Primate’s Palace
Official lighting up the decorated Christmas trees. The Christmas ornaments will be created and the Christmas trees will be decorated by primary and art schools from Bratislava.
Christmas in Eurovea
M.R.Štefánik Square on the premises of OC Eurovea
- 17.11. 17:00 Folk music of Andrej Záhorec (Concert)
- 23.11. 17:00 Jozefove kone “Joseph’s horses” (Concert)
- 24.11. 16:00 Christmas with Prvosienka
A program full of singing, music, dancing, Christmas carols and traditional folk customs under the baton of the Children Folk Ensemble Prvosienka.
- 30.11. 17:00 The Messenger of Love
Jozef and Dodo Ivaška, vocal duo composed of father and son.
- 1.12. 16:00 We are here to sing carols
Scenic Christmas performance by the folk ensemble Dolina.
- 7.12. 17:00 Salamander (Concert)
- 8.12. 16:00 Christmas carols by Hájenka and Malá Jasénka
Folk dance, singing and carols by children folklore ensembles Hájenka from Bratislava and Malá Jasenka from Vsetín
- 14.12. 16:00 Kuštárovci (Concert)
- 15.12. 16:00 We wish you all the luck and health
Singing, dancing and carols by the folk ensemble Studienka.
- 21.12. 17:00 Here comes the carolers!
The most beautiful Christmas carols and the spoken word, Christmas customs and Christmas wishes by the ensemble Kolaři.
St. Nicolas in the town
6.12.2018 at 15.00 St. Nicolas at the Main Square
8.12.208 15.00 St. Nicolas at P. O. Hviezdoslav Theater
Three Little Pigs and St. Nicolas’ helpers
XIII. International Festival of Advent and Christmas Music
Ensembles: Cantilena Gumpoldskirchen – Austria, Orchestra of Folk Instruments Lida Music College – Belarus, Dětský pěvecký zbor Kopretina, Pěvecký zbor Artep, Primavera, Cantica laetitia Zlín – Czech Reublic, Tartu Girls Choir Kurekell – Estonia, Loreto Secondary School Youth Choir – Ireland, Cathedral Boy´s Choir PUERI CANTORES TARNOVIENSES – Poland, Choir ORFEU – Romania, University of Pretoria Youth Choir – South Africa
- 6.12. 19:00 Opening concert of the festival
Jesuit Church, Franciscan Square
- 7.12. 16:00 Festival concert at the Christmas markets
17:00 Festival concert
Concert hall Klarisky
- 8.12. 16:30 Ceremonial announcement of the results
17:00 Festival concert – performances of all participating choirs
Free-of-charge entry to all festival events.
SNP Square – Christmas forest BKIS
P. O. Hviezdoslav City Theatre at the Good Market
Beautifully decorated Christmas trees create an enchanted forest where families with children will find a fairy tale with a happy ending.
Coronation photo–video point
Enjoy the atmosphere of the coronation and become a king at the Coronation photo-video point at one of the floors of Michael’s Tower. Michael’s Gate was a part of the coronation route of all kings and queens crowned in Pressburg. The Coronation photo-video point features contemporary furniture, an authentic 3D model of the historic city with a marked coronation route. You can take a picture or make a video of yourself in a period costume with coronation insignia and become a part of a historical exposition. You can record or take a photo of the coronation ceremony, print out your photos or share the video with your friends.
Coronation photo-video point will be open from 23. 11. to 22. 12. 2018:
Tuesday – Friday 10.00-17.00
Saturday – Sunday 11.00-18.00