With effect from 13. March 2020, the borders with all neighbouring countries are closed, as well as all 3 international airports. Therefore, all flights were cancelled. There are police checks at the major border crossings, other border crossings were closed. Only persons having a permanent or temporary residence and persons working in Slovakia can enter the country. All international bus and rail connections as well as suburban bus connections to Hainburg and Rajka were also cancelled.
- All municipal institutions, i.e. museums, galleries, ZOO, libraries, stadiums and swimming pools are closed until further notice. All events in these premises were cancelled too. Other sights and attractions were also closed or offer limited access only.
- Bars and disco bars are closed until further notice. Restaurants are closed, except for food deliveries. Grocery stores, pharmacies and drugstores remain open. All other shops and shopping centres are closed. Opening hours of other offices, banks, post offices, etc. may be shortened or the premises may be closed.
- Most hotels and other accommodation facilities remain in operation for the present. However, some were already closed or their owners consider the closure.
- All public transport lines operate according to valid school holiday timetables. School bus lines are not provided.
- All cultural events planned for the upcoming weeks were also cancelled.
These precautionary measures are effective until March 24, 2020 or until further notice, depending on the situoation.
If you are currently in Slovakia and cannot travel back home, please contact the embassy of your country for any further info.
Tourist Information Centre
The BTB Tourist Information Centre remains CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE due to precautionary measures against the virus COVID-19. We are ready to answer all your questions Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on the contacts stated below.
- Tourist Information and Bratislava Card Info: +421 918 573 172, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- City Tours: +421 905 848 407, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important phone numbers and other useful information can be found HERE.
Due to current COVID-19 situation and strict measures taken by local authorities, we are forced to stop the sale of the Bratislava CARDs at all sales points, as well as an online sale, immediately until further notice. For cancellation of already bought cards please contact us directly at email@example.com.