Knights at Devín
On 31. 8. 2019 from 10 AM to 6:30 PM a traditional event at Devin Castle full of martial arts and crafts demonstrations will be held.
- 10:00 – Opening of the Devín castle
- 11:00 – Opening ceremony full of fencing and displays of skill of the elite of the Ottoman Classical Army – the feared Janissaries
- 12:00 – “Heroes of the Ottoman-Hungarian wars” – an emotive but action-packed recollection picturing the historical events that formed the fate of our country, as well as a commemoration of figures that should not fade into obscurity
- 13:00 – Oriental dance
- 14:00 – “My Papa” – when a man changes his conviction faster than his coat
- 15:00 – A recital of Rennaissance, Hungarian and Turkish music and poetry
- 16:00 – Knights‘ Tournament of the Kingdom of Hungary – which includes not only tests of skill between the Hungarian knights, but also a confrontation of their abilities with visitors from the Ottoman Empire
- 17:15 –“About The Terribly Beautiful Princess” – a puppet theatre for children
- 18:30 – Closing ceremony – fencing performance
- 19:00 – Closing of the castle gates
During the day it would be possible to refresh yourself in an Oriental tea house, shoot in a historical shooting yard, let your children ride real or wooden horse, make them participate in a children knights tournament, make their of cup on a pallet or buy some trifle in the stands of artisans.
Admission free: basic 8 €, reduced 4 €, family 15 €
Admission fee and products of the artisans is payable by cash only. Note – dogs are not allowed to enter the national cultural monument of castle Devin.
All events at Devin Castle can be found HERE.