The official name of the church is the Church of Saint John of Matha and Saint Felix of Valois.
The church is one of the most important cultural and historical landmarks in Svätý Jur.
The beginnings of the Renaissance-Baroque castle date back to the 16th century. Today, the Castle is a seat of the specialized Slovak National Museum branch concerned with the housing culture of the nobility and bourgeoisie in Slovakia.
Marianka is a well-known pilgrimage site located on the south-western edge of the Small Carpathians at the point where they come into contact with the southern edge of the Záhorie lowlands six kilometres south-east of Stupava. The town is first mentioned in 1367 under the name Vallis Mariae.
Officially known as the Church of St Elizabeth of Hungary, but commonly referred to simply as ‘the Blue Church’ for obvious reasons, this is Bratislava’s most appealing art nouveau building.
Bratislava’s three-nave Gothic cathedral is built on the site of a previous, Romanesque church, dedicated to the Holy Saviour.