This neo-classical palace, formerly owned by Count Franz Zichy.
The gigantic Slavín war memorial is visible from much of the city. On a hill overlooking the castle, it commemorates the city’s liberation by the Red Army in April 1945.
This sumptuous building, dating from 1911-1915, was built in eclectic style on the former site of a baroque granary from the 18th century.
The beginnings of the Renaissance-Baroque castle date back to the 16th century. Today, the Castle is a seat of the specialized Slovak National Museum branch concerned with the housing culture of the nobility and bourgeoisie in Slovakia.
The Primatial Palace (1778-1781) was built on property originally belonging to the archbishop of Esztergom. The facade of the palace is in strictly classical style.
This palace was built in the middle of the 19th century by Count Jan Pálffy, who was then Bratislava’s highest official.