The gigantic Slavín war memorial is visible from much of the city. On a hill overlooking the castle, it commemorates the city’s liberation by the Red Army in April 1945.
This sumptuous building, dating from 1911-1915, was built in eclectic style on the former site of a baroque granary from the 18th century.
The Primatial Palace (1778-1781) was built on property originally belonging to the archbishop of Esztergom. The facade of the palace is in strictly classical style.
This palace was built in the middle of the 19th century by Count Jan Pálffy, who was then Bratislava’s highest official.
Budmerice, a little village between Bratislava and Trnava, situated in the shadow of the Small Carpathians, is big by its history. With its past is associated the mighty Palffy dynasty that participated on the process of shaping the mediaval Europe.
This palace was built for the main administrator of imperial property on the king’s estate, Leopold de Pauli, in 1775-1776.