Thematic guided tours
Gardens of the Pressburg / Bratislava nobility and prominent bourgeoisie or musicians, were often a place of social life – walks, endless debates, caresses of couples in love hiding in green labyrinths, but also festivals, celebrations, marriages, games and, in good weather, joint music-making and open-air concerts took place
Music in Gardens and Palaces of Bratislava Old Town
Saturday, 3 June 2023 FROM 10:00-12:30 TICKETS Language: English
Bratislava and musical personalities
Some of them were natives of Bratislava, some of them lived here all their lives, others were only guests during social events or came to please the Bratislava audience at the invitation of their friends. Each of them, however, left their mark here.
During this tour, the guide will show you gardens that a select few musicians and composers are associated with. Discover the well-known and lesser-known gardens and their stories.
The guide will accompany you from the beginning to the end, at each stop you will stay for a maximum of 20 minutes. You will move between the gardens on foot, there will be stairs along the way (the tour is not wheelchair accessible).
The tour will last a maximum of 2.5 hours. Please take into account your physical abilities when signing up for this tour. During the tour it is necessary to follow the instructions of the guide.
THE WALKING TOUR CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING STOPS/GARDENS:
– Private garden of the former Pálffy Palace
– Grassalkovich Garden (now the Presidential Garden)
– Garden of the Archbishop’s Summer Palace
– Liszt Garden
– Garden of the Albrecht House
TOURIST GUIDE: Zuzana Godárová
PRICE: adults – 12 EUR, seniors – 10 EUR, children (13 – 18 years) and members of Národný Trust n.o. – 8 EUR, children under 13 – 0 EUR.
* The price includes a professional guide, entrance fee to all the gardens and small snack in the centre of the Old Town, in the historical building called Rómer’s House / Rómerov dom (Zámočnícka 10, 811 03 Bratislava).
* In case of cancellation of the tour by decision of organiser, your money will be refunded.
* The purchase of this service is only possible through the CardPay or TatraPay service on our website.
The exact meeting point and the time of the tour will be sent to you once you have booked the tour and paid for it.
Please note you can join the tour only if you have booked it and paid for it and if your booking has been confirmed.
USE OF OBTAINED FINANCIAL RESOURCES:
By participating and paying for your ticket, you help us participate in the implementation of our activities in order to protect and meaningful use of Slovakia´s historic parks and gardens.