P. O. Hviezdoslav City Theatre
P. O. Hviezdoslav City Theatre is the art scene of the Bratislava Cultural and Information Center [BKIS], which has been in its administration since October 17, 2009.
It is located in the former Slovak National Bank building on the corner of Laurinská and Štúrova Street, built between 1943 and 1947.
In 1948 it was decided to assign the newly built building to the Slovak National Theatre. The artist František Gajdoš is responsible for the original decoration of the auditorium, foyers and the curtain. Stained-glass windows in the foyer were created by prominent Slovak painter Janko Alexy. The transformation into a theatre was completed in 1955.
In 2007 the Ministry of Culture sold the building to the city of Bratislava. The city has stated that the building is going to further serve its itself cultural purposes.