Bratislava City Days 2017
The Municipality of Bratislava opens its doors to all Bratislavians and visitors. Free entrance to city museums and attractions, free sightseeing tours, free tours by historical tram and many other interesting programmes and events. The event takes place in April 2017. Around the end of April, the mayor of the town was traditionally elected in Bratislava, based on a charter of the King Andrew III on granting municipal privileges in the course of a relatively long historical period.
BE A TOURIST IN YOUR OWN CITY
The Bratislava Tourist Board invites you to a series of thematic sightseeing tours given in Slovak as well as English and German. These tours let you learn interesting things about the capital’s history and reveal the best that Bratislava has to offer. A complete list of sightseeing tours along with detailed information and times can be found here.
BRATISLAVA CITY DAYS 2017 PROGRAMME
Over the entire weekend you will be able to visit museums and galleries in the City of Bratislava at no charge, enjoy a pleasant day in the Bratislava Zoo with commented animal feeding and educational activities, and ride historic trams and buses.
- On Friday join the Cycle Festival at the Old Market on SNP Square, where you will be able to have your bicycle’s technical condition examined at no charge or try out an electric bicycle.
- Under Michael’s Gate there will be a symbolic opening of the city gates at 10:00 AM. Watch old martial arts and crafts demonstrated by the re-enactment group TOSTABUR.
- Stop at Jakubovo námestie between 10 AM and 5 PM for Dobrý Trh (the Good Market), specializing in delicious local products from the best market stall keepers.
- On Saturday Bratislava Zoo is looking forward to the grand opening of the enclosure for Eurasian wolves and to pony riding.
- If you like sports, you will love the opportunity to go swimming or skating at one of the city’s sports facilities, such as the Pasienky Pool or the Ondrej Nepela Arena.
- During the weekend at the Primate’s Palace on both Saturday and Sunday, you can see the picture gallery, view unique tapestries and listen to concerts by children from local art schools in the Hall of Mirrors.
- Families with children should definitely not miss a visit to the Železná studienka (Iron Fountain), located at Partizánska Lúka (Partisan Meadow). On Sunday from 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM children will be able to learn about wood, animals and what foresters do in an entertaining way.
Find the full programme here.