Cryptic City Discovery Game – Green Spaces
CRYPTIC CITY DISCOVERY GAME ACROSS BRATISLAVA’S GREEN SPACES – PLAY
IN SMALL TEAMS, USING YOUR SMARTPHONE
This self-guided cryptic city game across Bratislava’s green spaces is an experience where you solve 12 clues via a web app, simply using your unique link (which you receive after payment) in your smartphone’s browser. The game takes you exploring the area by the Danube, some of the city’s most beautiful parks, lesser known areas and take you near wonderful cafes. Whilst solving the cryptic clues you’ll discover stories about Bratislava and its healthy lifestyle, including tips for being active in the city.
The price for the trail is 24 Euros per team. We recommended playing with 2-5 people per team.
You can play one trail per user at a time. You can share your unique link with your teammates so everyone can see the clues. Also handy in case your phone runs out of battery. Only one person can answer.
How does it work?
- Select and pay for the cryptic city game across Bratislava’s green spaces on www.secretcitytrails.com. You will receive a message with your unique link within 1 hour from completing the payment.
- Start in front of the statue of M.R. Stefanik, on the square with the same name: M.R. Stefanik square. It’s in between the buildings of the Eurovea shopping mall.
- You can play 7 days a week between 09:00 and 19:00 by opening the link in your browser on your smartphone. Simply press the Start button to begin playing the game!
- Solve the 12 clues by typing the answers in the text box and hit the I’ve got it button to submit your answer.
- Enjoy discovering the city and its green spaces as each correct answer takes you to your next location within walking distance.
- Keep in mind that most answers are made up of one word only or a number.
- For each correct answer, you’ll receive a story about Bratislava’s.
- Ask for a hint, by clicking the I need help button, if you need a little help solving a clue. HINTS will get you nearer to the location where you need to search for the answer to your clue.
- Please note there’s only one HINT per clue. Each HINT you ask for will add 10mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- In case you’d like to skip a clue without solving it and want to receive the next one, hit the Skip this clue button. We recommend asking for a HINT before you skip a clue to make sure you are near the right spot to continue from.
- Skipping a clue adds 20mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- You can always close and reopen your browser – and using your same unique link, you can continue playing where you left off.
- The trail ends near the old market hall in Bratislava’s centre.
- The trail is spread across approximately 4 wonderful kilometres and takes between 1 to 2 hours to complete. However, there is no time limit on completing this trail, so enjoy your new discoveries!
- The trail includes a break halfway near a lovely cafe.
- Difficulty level of this game is: Easy-Medium.
Location & Timings
- Start in front of the statue of M.R. Stefanik, on the square with the same name: M.R. Stefanik square. It’s in between the buildings of the Eurovea shopping mall. The trail can be played in between 09:00 and 19:00 every day.
- End: The trail ends near the old market hall in Bratislava’s centre.
- Distance & duration: The trail is spread across approximately 4 wonderful kilometres and takes between 1 to 2 hours to complete. However, there is no time limit on completing this trail, so enjoy your new discoveries!
- Break: The trail includes a break halfway through near a lovely cafe – the recommended time for the break is 30 minutes to make sure you can enter all locations to find your answers in time.
- Difficulty level: Easy.