This self-guided cryptic trail across Bratislava’s Old Town is an experience where you solve 10 clues via our web app, simply using your unique link (which you receive via text message after payment) in your smartphone’s browser. The trail takes you exploring the oldest parts of the city and takes you discovering monuments, known sights and lesser known spots! Whilst solving the cryptic clues you’ll discover fun facts about Bratislava too.
The price for the trail is 20 Euros per team. We recommended playing with 2-5 people per team.
You can play one trail per user at a time. You can share your unique link with your teammates so everyone can see the clues. Also handy in case your phone runs out of battery.
Ready to see Bratislava’s hidden gems and have fun with your fellow players? Book here.
How does it work?
- Sign up and pay for the cryptic city trail across Bratislava’s Old Town on www.secretcitytrails.com. You will receive a text message with your unique link within 1 hour from completing the payment.
- Start in front of Trinitarian Church between 10:00-17:00 every day – except Monday – by opening the link in your browser on your phone. Simply press the Start button/link to begin playing.
- Solve the 10 clues by typing the answers in the text box and hit the Answer button to submit your answer.
- Enjoy discovering the city as each correct answer takes you to your next location within walking distance.
- Keep in mind that all answers are made up of one word only or a number.
- For each correct answer, you’ll receive a fun fact about Bratislava’s history in addition to the next clue.
- Ask for a hint, by clicking the Request a Hint button, if you need a little help solving a clue. HINTS will get you nearer to the location where you need to search for the answer to your clue.
- Please note there’s only one HINT per clue. Each HINT you ask for will add 10mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- In case you’d like to skip a clue without solving it and want to receive the next one, press the Next button. We recommend asking for a HINT before you skip a clue to make sure you are near the right spot to continue from.
- Skipping a clue adds 20mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- You can always close and reopen your browser – and using your same unique link, you can continue playing where you left off.
Location & Timings
- Start: The Bratislava Old Town trail starts in front of Trinitarian Church at Zupne namestie square. The trail can be played all days except Monday, starting between 10:00 – 17:00. Starting any later than 17:00 may result in certain locations, where you have to enter to find your answer, being closed.
- End: The trail ends near Main Square in Bratislava’s Old Town.
- Distance & duration: The trail is spread across approximately 2 wonderful kilometres and takes between 1 to 2 hours to complete. However, there is no time limit on completing this trail, so enjoy your new discoveries!
- Break: The trail includes a break half-way through near a lovely cafe – the recommended time for the break is 30 minutes to make sure you can enter all locations to find your answers in time.
- Difficulty level: Medium.