*10% discount with Bratislava Card
During the 3-hour tour we will hear controversial stories of urban transformation and life during socialism, visit an abandoned military bunker built by the Czechoslovak army in 1930`s and almost touch the West.
Bicycle tour for anyone who feels like exploring off-the-beaten-track places in Bratislava and its outskirts. This easy route avoids hills and is 15 kilometres long.
Bratislava Iron Curtain Bike Tour highlights
- former Jewish district and synagogue replaced by a controversial ufo-like SNP bridge
- transformations by the Danube river: Zuckermandel district, River Park and Eurovea developments
- views of the last communist-era housing project in Bratislava, Dlhé diely
- pre-WWII Czechoslovak fortification system, bunker built against the potential Hitler’s invasion
- former Iron Curtain area, border between communist Czechoslovakia and Austria
- the first public park in Central Europe, Sad Janka Kráľa
- amazing views of the castle and other landmarks of Bratislava
Duration: 3 hours
Additional information: Difficulty and safety: 14 kilometres on flat terrain. Anyone with basic cycling skills can manage. Almost all the route follows designated cycling tracks and pavements with no traffic. Helmets are provided upon request free of charge.
Dates, meeting points: Tour is running all year round upon request. Time according to agreement.
Price: 42€ (2 guests), 32€ (3 guests), 25€ (4-7 guests)