Treat yourself to an unforgettable experience while you are in Bratislava! Alcohol plays a significant role in the culture of Slovakia. Important thing to know when it comes to drinking in Slovakia is that some locally distilled spirits may be stronger than what you are used to. Among distinguished Slovak spirits, the most famous and favourite is Slivovica – a plum based schnapps, commonly known as Palenka (52 %). Palenka could have variety of flavours, such as pear, apple, cherry, peach, apricot etc. These spirits are produced according to the old proven recipes. Their delicious taste can be described as a kind of aphrodisiac for the body and soul. Another popular local distillate is Borovicka (40 %), it is made from fermented juniper berries with the addition of fine quality alcohol. The result is gentle and delicate gin. Na zdravie!
- Meet your friendly local guide and start 2-hour tasting experience of the best Slovak distillates.
- Taste six different Slovak distilled spirits served with small snack and learn about Slovak drinking culture. Develop your own preferences while tasting and identifying flavors in various distillates.
- Afterwards, you can decide to walk back to your hotel/meeting point or have fun in one of many cozy pubs in Bratislava.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Type: walking
- Season: all year round
- Start: daily at 16:00
- Meeting point: your centrally located hotel in Bratislava or Radisson Blu Carlton Hotel
- Age limit: guests must be 18 or older
- Price: €35/person (groups 8 – 15 persons)
- Samples of 6 different Slovak Distilled Spirits
- Cozy pub
- Pub snacks
- Local guide
- Personalized service on 2-hour tasting
- Local hints & tips what to see & do in Bratislava after your tour