Starting 25 November 2021, the state of emergency and curfew apply in Slovakia. You can find all current information on the website of korona.gov.sk/en.
Starting Wednesday 1 December 2021, upon arrival in Slovakia, the quarantine is mandatory (regardless of vaccination and overcoming COVID-19) is mandatory for all persons who have visited in the last 14 days: South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Israel, Hong Kong, Seychelles.
There are no exceptions for these people. Quarantine can be completed at home or in a quarantine accommodation facility.
The following measures are applicable starting from 25 November 2021:
- a curfew applies throughout the Slovak Republic,
- a night curfew with a stricter regime is aplicable from 8:00 PM until 1:00 AM
- if it is necessary to travel to work, you are obligated to prove yourself with a certificate from the employer specifying the working hours and place of work,
- the obligation to wear the FFP2 respirator is in all facilities and public transport, also in all interiors (except households),
- police control over compliance as well as border control will increase significantly,
- all facilities are closed, except those that provide basic needs (food, drugstores, etc.).
- public catering facilities (restaurants, pubs, cafés, etc.) may operate window sales or to pack food for a take-away only.
- all ski resorts are closed.
- the number of customers in facilities is limited to one person per 15 square meters.
- churches, places for theatrical, musical, movie and other art performances are not allowed to provide their services.
- outdoor and indoor swimming pools, saunas, water parks, gyms and wellness centres are closed.
Tourist Information Centre is currently closed until futher notice. In urgent cases, please contact us on workdays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer your queries within 24 hours.
More information on Current Measures
- Available daily from 8AM to 8PM
- When calling from Slovakia, please dial: +421 800 174 174
- When calling from abroad, please dial: +421 222 200 910, +421 222 200 910
General rules when arriving from abroad
At the latest, immediately on entering the territory of the Slovak Republic, individuals are required to register at korona.gov.sk/ehranica and subsequently to be able to show proof of this registration on request, even during their stay in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
Anyone entering the territory of the Slovak Republic by air must also complete a form at www.mindop.sk/covid/ before entering. Additionally when arriving from a country outside the list below, a negative RT-PCR test result not older than 72 hours must be presented.
All unvaccinated people entering Slovakia after 6:00am on 9 July 2021 will have to undergo quarantine, which will end at the end of the 10th day if they are symptom-free and untested.
If, after returning from abroad someone develops symptoms of COVID-19, they are required to report it to their general practitioner or paediatrician; if the individual does not have a doctor in the Slovak Republic, they must report it to the doctor of the respective municipality.
Definition of a fully vaccinated person
- A person at least 14 days but not more than 12 months after the administration of the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine with a two-dose schedule (the validity of registration in eHranica is 6 months),
- a person at least 21 days but not more than 12 months after the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine with a single-dose schedule (eHranica registration validity is 6 months),
- a person at least 14 days but not more than 12 months after the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine if the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine was administered within 180 days of the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine (eHranica registration validity is 6 months).
In addition to the EU COVID pass or a certificate of completion of vaccination in Slovakia, it is also possible to show certificates from other countries. The only condition is that the certificate must be in Slovak, Czech or English language.
Registration on e-Border
Anyone entering the territory of the Slovak Republic from 9 July 2021 must register at www.korona.gov.sk/ehranica. Registration is not required for children under 12 years of age and persons in transit through Slovakia (defined below).
Registration is required for every entry into the Slovak Republic. This does not apply to:
- fully vaccinated individuals whose first registration is valid for the following 6 months
- people who have been vaccinated with the first dose of any of the vaccines – the first registration for these people is valid until 9 August 2021
- individuals aged between 12 and 18 years for whom the first registration is valid until 9 August 2021
- anyone travelling for medical diagnosis or treatment for whom the first registration is valid for 1 week
Everyone who enters Slovakia from 6:00am 9 July 2021 will have to undergo quarantine (subject to quarantine rules below), which ends at the end of the 10th day if they are symptom-free and untested.
The quarantine may be terminated by a negative RT-PCR test which is obtained no earlier than day 5.
There is no requirement to test children under the age of 12, their quarantine will terminate when the other members of the household have completed their quarantine.
Quarantine also applies to household members who have not travelled – it terminates when the other members‘ quarantine is completed.
Quarantine is not mandatory for:
- fully vaccinated people
- people aged between 12 and 18 years when no other member of the household is under mandatory quarantine – temporarily until 9 August
- people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons; must provide confirmation and have a negative RT-PCR test result not older than 72 hours
- unvaccinated citizens of the Slovak Republic who have permanent or temporary residence in the border areas of a neighbouring country within 100 km of an open border crossing point into the territory of the Slovak Republic – they are required to provide a negative result RT-PCR test not older than 7 days
- unvaccinated people who were previously exempted, such as aircraft and train crews, truck drivers, funeral service workers and others, the exact list and the potential obligation to prove a negative test result for COVID-19 is determined by the Decree; these individuals are still required to register on the e-border
Further changes to quarantine exemptions:
Entry to the Slovak Republic for selected professional groups (e.g. delegations of representatives of the Slovak Republic, Members of the European Parliament or employees of international organisations) and in specific life situations, requires the provision of a negative RT-PCR test result not older than 72 hours when entering Slovakia. (The conditions are detailed in Article 7 of the Decree)
The obligation to quarantine also applies to unvaccinated persons entering or leaving the Slovak Republic for a short period of time for the purpose of attending a marriage, including close relatives of the couple. However, the exemption remains for short-term entry for the purpose of attending the funeral of a close person, if the unvaccinated person provides a negative RT-PCR test not older than 72 hours.