With effect from 20 May 2020, a citizen with permanent or temporary residence in the Slovak Republic will not be required to take a negative test or state quarantine when visiting 8 countries – the Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Croatia, Slovenia, Germany and Switzerland with a return within 24 hours.
All 3 international airports remain closed. All arrivals and departures are still canceled. Checks at the largest border crossings remain in force.
From 20 May, measures will be introduced in the fourth phase:
- Shopping centers are completely open (except for children’s corners with restrictions on individual shops)
- Required 25 m2 per customer is changed to 15 m2 per customer
- Services include tattooing, piercing
- The inner spaces of the attraction will also be opened (except for the ZOO)
- Cinemas, theaters and other events are allowed with a maximum number of people up to 100
- From 1 June, kindergartens and the first stage of primary schools will be open
- Indoor swimming pools and sports grounds open (only for clubs)
- Outdoor sports are allowed (without locker rooms and without audience)
- Open interiors of restaurants
- Wearing a face mask outdoors will be voluntary if a distance of 5 meters is observed
- Opening hours for businesses are extended to 22:00
From 6 May are open:
- Museums, galleries, libraries, exhibition halls
- Outdoor attractions, e.g. zoo, castles,
- Short-term accommodation without shared meals,
- Barbers, beauty salons and hairdressers, solariums, pedicures and manicures,
- Taxi services with separate space and without air conditioning,
- Commercial establishments and services regardless of the number of square meters,
- Outdoor terraces with tables that are two meters apart,
- Rehabilitation services
These precautionary measures are effective until further notice, depending on the situoation.
If you are currently in Slovakia and cannot travel back home, please contact the embassy of your country for any further info.
Tourist Information Centre
The BTB Tourist Information Centre remains CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE due to precautionary measures against the virus COVID-19. We are ready to answer all your questions Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on the contacts stated below.
- Tourist Information and Bratislava Card Info: +421 918 573 172, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- City Tours: +421 905 848 407, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important phone numbers and other useful information can be found HERE.
Due to current COVID-19 situation and strict measures taken by local authorities, we are forced to stop the sale of the Bratislava CARDs at all sales points, as well as an online sale, immediately until further notice. For cancellation of already bought cards please contact us directly at email@example.com.