If you arrive in Bratislava by car, you will find numerous underground and outdoor parking lots in the city center. Although parking on the side of the street is permitted, keep in mind that in the event of the violation of parking rules you may find a boot mounted on your vehicle or it may be towed away by a towing service. Visitors to the city are therefore advised to use one of the numerous parking lots.
Where to park in the zone?
In the zone, parking is possible exclusively in the areas which are designated for parking. Parking outside of them is prohibited.
In the zone, parking is available at:
a, parking places designated by traffic signs on the street (sign)
b, parking places, situated outside the street i.e.
• parking lots with organized operation (barrier systems)
• in large-scale parking garages, or in courtyard areas
What is the zone?
Zone with restricted traffic (hereinafter the “zone”)
The zone with restricted traffic is a designated area in the center of Bratislava, which is marked with traffic signs with the sign symbol standing prohibited. It includes a pedestrian zone marked by the vertical road sign.
How to park in the street areas?
– Parking spaces on the street
– Parking lot with organized operation (on Dunajská Street)
Parking can be paid by purchasing a parking ticket in a machine. The obligation of payment is on weekdays from 8:00 am to 4 pm.
There are more than 50 parking ticket machines in operation on the streets of the city center. The ticket machines communicate in five languages. Apart from Slovak, these include English, German, Hungarian and French.
An optional parking time length is possible on the parking ticket machines.
How does it work?
After payment of the basic 30 minutes for € 0.60 (minimum price of parking) the machine enables choosing your own parking time length according to the value of the coins inserted. In practice, this means that for every inserted 10 cents, the machine adds 5 minutes of parking. The time which the parking is paid to is shown by the machine on the clear graphic display. If this time suits the driver, he or she presses the green button and the machine prints him or her a parking ticket. The driver then places the ticket in a visible place behind the windshield of their vehicle.
If necessary, the driver can cancel the complete transaction by pressing the red button and repeating the selection again.
The coin acceptor accepts coins in denominations of 10c, 20c, 50c, € 1, € 2.
Parking Lots for Tourist Buses
• Bus Depot DPB, Betliarska ulica, Bratislava – Petržalka
price: 1 hour/3,50 €, all-day price 20,00 €
open daily from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The accesibility from the city centre: across the SNP Bridge along
Panónska cesta or Apollo Bridge along Dolnozemská cesta.
• Parking lot Passenger Port (Osobný prístav), Fajnorovo nábrežie 2
price: 0,5 hour/6,00 €, open nonstop
Mainly for cruise passengers.
• Parking lot Vydrica, Nábrežie arm. gen. Ludvíka Svobodu
price: 1 hour/10,00 €, open nonstop
• Parking lot under Lafranconi Bridge, Botanická ulica
• Parking lot next to the Starý most Bridge, Tyršovo nábrežie
These parking lots are accessible nonstop, have limited capacity, no infrastructure
and are unguarded.
Bus pick-up & drop-off points
Standing for a maximum of 10 minutes is permitted at these stops.
• Mudroňova ulica – Bratislavský hrad (Bratislava Castle)
• Rázusovo nábrežie – in front of and opposite of the Hotel Park Inn
• Hurbanovo námestie – next to the Quo Vadis House
• Nábrežie arm. gen. L. Svobodu – near the Botel Pressburg and River
• Na Slavíne – Slavín Memorial