EU presidency: Capital faces repairs and improvement, free wi-fi in Old Town
In the upcoming months, vast construction and beautifying works in the streets of the Slovak capital will start, that have been unseen for years. Bratislava will patch and improve all that can be done in the short time until June, to raise its appeal to the expected 20,000 visitors and delegates who will arrive in the capital of the country presiding over the EU Council.
What will be repaired?
- asphalt surfaces on the main roads
- surface of the road on the SNP bridge
- free wi-fi in the Old Town
- above-ground toilets
- flower beds and paving on main streets
- historical Židovská / Jewish Street
- Bratislava Castle
- minor partial repairs will also be done at the Mirbach Palace, Clarissen Church, the clock dial on the Town Hall Tower, and the Primate’s Palace