Rendez-vous at the Gardens
Eighteen interesting Bratislava locations will reveal their colorful secrets
Also this year, you can visit parks and gardens with interesting stories that are made available during the first weekend of June as part of the international volunteer Weekend of Open Parks and Gardens.
Parks and Gardens will open from Friday 2nd June to Sunday 4th June. For this year, a theme called “Garden Melodies” was chosen, which mainly evokes the sound of the garden environment: birdsong, animal speech (croaking, humming,…), murmur of water, wind or plants. Music has always been an important part of social and cultural life in many parks and gardens. Already in the past, the beauty and life in the gardens were a frequent inspiration for music composers and other artists, so the organizers would like to return musical performances, concerts under the treetops and other musical performances to them even today.
The aim of this festival is to present and celebrate the values of the parks and gardens and their importance to people. The event is a part of the international initiative of the Council of Europe and the Ministry of Culture of the French Republic entitled “Rendez-vous aux jardins”.
For its twentieth year, Weekend of Open Parks and Gardens events will be organised in 2,200 gardens in France, and for the fifth year in more than 500 gardens across twenty other participating European countries including Slovakia.
Popular with garden enthusiasts and the public, Weekend of Open Parks and Gardens introduces the public to the wealth and variety of historic and contemporary gardens, from landscaped parks to formal, botanic, exotic and community gardens.
Selection of open venues in Bratislava:
- newly open arboretum at Kamzík,
- Former Pálfy Garden on Zámocká Street,
- Liszt Garden on Klariská Street,
- Franciscan Monastery Garden,
- Pruger-Wallner Garden on Nekrasova Street,
- Parish Garden Bratislava – Calvary,
- Ateliér.EM and ZáHRADA Gallery on the corner of Gorazdova and Langsfeldova Street,
- Bratislava Calvary on the Calvary Hill,
- Koch Garden on Partizánska Street,
- Pistori Palace Garden on Štefánik Street,
- Hausnatura Hydroponic Farm on Pajštún Street,
- Caritas Slovakia Garden on Kapitulská Street,
- Albrecht House Garden on Kapitulská Street,