Officially known as the Church of St Elizabeth of Hungary, but commonly referred to simply as ‘the Blue Church’ for obvious reasons, this is Bratislava’s most appealing art nouveau building.
Bratislava’s opera house – known officially as the historical building of the Slovak National Theatre – is a Neo-Renaissance-style building opened in 1886 as the City Theatre, according to the design of Viennese architects F. Fellner and H. Helmer.
The Bridge of the Slovak National Uprising built in 1967-1972 was given the label of the most characteristic building of the city. The authors J. Lacko and A. Tesar designed it as a cable-stayed bridge with one pylon. On top of the 80 metres tall pylon, there is a reastaurant accessible by a lift in […]
Kern House stands on the corner of Rybárska brána (Fisherman’s Gate) and Hviezdoslavovo Square. Fisherman’s Gate was one of the four entrances to the mediaeval city (the others being Lawrence’s, Michael’s and the Vydrická Gate).