PARKING LOTS IN BRATISLAVA
The most convenient way to park your car and move around Bratislava during the 2019 World Championship is to use the allocated special parking lots and public transport. You can find the parking lots at the following places:
- Tyršovo nábrežie (Tyrš riverbank) – capacity of 250 passenger cars and 30 buses.
- ŠKP Dúbravka football stadium – capacity of about 295 passenger cars and 25 buses.
- Zlaté piesky (Golden Sands) – capacity of about 350 passenger cars and 30 buses.
- Former Technical Services of the City of Bratislava/Technical Street – a shuttle service to the stadium will be operated from this parking lot. The capacity of the parking lot is about 250 passenger cars.
OTHER PARKING POSSIBILITIES
A parking lot under the Ondrej Nepela Winter Stadium will not be available to the public. Fans can park in any other paid parking lot (please observe the rules of parking lots). Shopping centers all over Bratislava also offer paid parking lots.
FREE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION WITH A VALID TICKET TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
All visitors with a valid ticket to the 2019 World Championship are entitled to free public transportation on the day of the match they have purchased the ticket for.
MORE FREQUENT DEPARTURE OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
During the World Championship 2019, the following changes will apply:
- More frequent departure of public transportation lines from the bus stops near parking lots.
- From the Central Station and from Bratislava-Nové Mesto Railway Station.
SHUTTLE TRANSPORT SERVICE
- There will be a shuttle service from the parking lot on Technicka Street.
Public transport: trams, buses, trolleybuses and night buses.
If necessary, you can also use a taxi. It is cheaper to order a taxi by phone than catch one at the station or stop it on the street. The minimum driving fee is around 5 EUR. We advise you to check the price before boarding the vehicle. Every taxi vehicle must have a visible price list in place and use a taximeter.
You can try ordering a taxi via the HOPIN app or the Bolt app that you can download to your mobile phone via:
Google Play Store:
HOPIN – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.hopin.taxiapp&hl=sk
Bolt – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ee.mtakso.client
Fancy active life? Try Bikesharing. Find information how to borrow one of the yellow bikes. However, cycling routes and dedicated cycling areas are mostly located along the Danube or in the outskirts of the city and are not yet interconnected.
INFORMATION FOR FANS
There will be several infopoints in Bratislava during the World Championship 2019, where fans can find all the necessary information about Bratislava and the World Championship 2019.
- M. R. Štefánik Airport – daily, 10.00 – 19.00
- Bratislava – Main Station – daily, 09.00 – 18.00
- Railway Station-Petržalka – daily, 10.00 – 19.00
- Bus Station Mlynské Nivy – daily, 10.00 – 19.00
- Fanzone at Istropolis – the fanzone opens 1 hour before the start of a match and closes 1 hour after the end of the match on each day a match is played
- Klobučnícka 2 – daily, 09.00 – 20.00
- Hviezdoslavovo Square – daily, 10.00 – 19.00
SPECIAL TRAINS FROM/TO PRAGUE DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Praha – Bratislava Main Station
|Date||Train||Praha Main St.||Pardubice main. St.||Brno Lower St.||Bratislava Main. St.|
|10.5.2019||Zvl. Ex 10009||7:54||9:09||10:55||12:30|
|11.5.2019||Zvl. Ex 10007||6:10||7:15||9:05||10:35|
|13.5.2019||Zvl. Ex 10009||7:54||9:09||10:55||12:30|
|16.5.2019||Zvl. Ex 10009||7:54||9:09||10:55||12:30|
|17.5.2019||Zvl. Ex 10009||7:54||9:09||10:55||12:30|
|19.5.2019||Zvl. Ex 10009||7:54||9:09||10:55||12:30|
|21.5.2019||Zvl. Ex 10007||6:10||7:15||9:05||10:35|
Bratislava Main St. – Praha (each day when matches are played)
|Train||Bratislava Main. St.||Brno Lower St.||Pardubice Main. St.||Praha Main. St.|
|Zvl. Ex 10008||23:50||1:22||3:06||4:12|
SPECIAL TRAINS DURING CHAMPIONSHIP 2019 KE – BA, BA – KE
Košice – Bratislava Main. St., IC 526 Macejko, (10./11. 5., 11./12. 5., 13./14. 5., 15./16. 5., 17./18. 5., 18./19. 5. a 21./22. 5. 2019)
|Bratislava Main. St.||03:58|
Note: Special train IC 526 Macejko (Košice 23:17 – Bratislava Main St. 03:58) departs 10./11. V., 11/12. V., 13/14. V., 15./16. V., 17/18. V., 18/19. V. and 21./22. V. 2019, t. j. on days when the Slovak national team will play matches in Košice.
Bratislava Main St. – Košice, IC 521 Macejko (special trains 10. 5., 11. 5., 13. 5., 15. 5., 17. 5., 18. 5. a 21. 5. 2019)
|Bratislava Main. St.||–||06:01|
|Spišská Nová Ves||09:56||09:57|
SPECIAL TRAINS REGIOJET FROM BA-NOVÉ MESTO TO PRAGUE (via Brno and Pardubice)
|Date||Bratislava-Nové Mesto||Brno – Main. St.||Pardubice||Praha|