The castle, on a hill above the old town, dominates the city of Bratislava.
This neo-classical palace, formerly owned by Count Franz Zichy.
The history of the Old Town Hall dates back to the beginnings of the mediaeval town in the 13th century.
The Primate’s Palace (1778-1781) was built on property originally belonging to the archbishop of Esztergom. The facade of the palace is in strictly classical style.
This palace was built in the middle of the 19th century by Count Jan Pálffy, who was then Bratislava’s highest official.
This palace was built for the main administrator of imperial property on the king’s estate, Leopold de Pauli, in 1775-1776.
The rococo Mirbach Palace was built in 1768-1770 by Bratislava brewer Michael Spech.
The bulbous yet elegant copper roof of Michael’s Gate is one of the symbols of Bratislava.
Kern House stands on the corner of Rybárska brána (Fisherman’s Gate) and Hviezdoslavovo Square. Fisherman’s Gate was one of the four entrances to the mediaeval city (the others being Lawrence’s, Michael’s and the Vydrická Gate).
For the local people, the western part of Bratislava is one of the most popular venues for a trip. Just 10 km west of the city centre, Devín Castle is set in beautiful natural scenery.
This rococo summer palace was built in 1760 for the chairman of the Hungarian Royal Chamber and advisor to Empress Maria Theresa, Count Anton Grassalkovich.