Bunker B-S 8 Hřbitov (The Cemetery) dates from the 1930s, it was built as a part of the Czechoslovak defense system, specifically the Bratislava defense line.
Bunker B-S 6 Vrba is one of the preserved buildings of the Bratislava section of the Czechoslovak fortifications, in the premises of which there is now a museum.
The Pálffys – an aristocratic dynasty from the period of the Hungarian Kingdom – selected their seats with care.
The circumstances connected to the origin of the castle are not completely known. Some historians prefer the theory that the Pajstun castle is in fact the Stupava castle, conquered by the troops of the king Ottokar II of Bohemia in the year 1271.
The castle of Holíč is without a doubt a landmark of the town Holíč. It is located near the town centre.
Budmerice, a little village between Bratislava and Trnava, situated in the shadow of the Small Carpathians, is big by its history. The mighty Palffy dynasty that participated on the process of shaping the medieval Europe is associated with its past.
This fountain was designed in 1888 by Bratislava-born V. Tilgner (who also created the putti on the adjacent Opera House).
The Maximilian fountain was built in 1572 in the Austrian stone workshop of Andreas Lutringer, with a financial contribution from Hungary’s King Maximilian II.
This Renaissance fountain in the courtyard of the Primatial Palace depicts the struggle of St George and the dragon. His life is part of the ‘Golden Legend’, which was extremely widespread in early Christian Europe.
The bunker B-S 4 Lány is a remnant of the Bratislava Section of the Czechoslovak Fortification System from 1935-1938, it currently houses a museum.
The beginnings of the Renaissance-Baroque castle date back to the 16th century. Today, the Castle is a seat of the specialized Slovak National Museum branch concerned with the housing culture of the nobility and bourgeoisie in Slovakia.