This neo-classical palace, formerly owned by Count Franz Zichy.
The history of the Old Town Hall dates back to the beginnings of the mediaeval town in the 13th century.
The gigantic Slavín war memorial is visible from much of the city. On a hill overlooking the castle, it commemorates the city’s liberation by the Red Army in April 1945.
This sumptuous building, dating from 1911-1915, was built in eclectic style on the former site of a baroque granary from the 18th century.
The Primatial Palace (1778-1781) was built on property originally belonging to the archbishop of Esztergom. The facade of the palace is in strictly classical style.
This palace was built in the middle of the 19th century by Count Jan Pálffy, who was then Bratislava’s highest official.
This palace was built for the main administrator of imperial property on the king’s estate, Leopold de Pauli, in 1775-1776.
The rococo Mirbach Palace was built in 1768-1770 by Bratislava brewer Michael Spech.
The bulbous yet elegant copper roof of Michael’s Gate is one of the symbols of Bratislava.
Kern House stands on the corner of Rybárska brána (Fisherman’s Gate) and Hviezdoslavovo Square. Fisherman’s Gate was one of the four entrances to the mediaeval city (the others being Lawrence’s, Michael’s and the Vydrická Gate).
100% discount with Bratislava Card*
The oldest traces of Slavic settlement date from the 8th century, and in the 9th century a fortress from the period of the Great Moravian Empire is believed to have stood here, linked to ruler Prince Rastislav.